80s Thursday - Best songs of 1980 (part 15) (synthpop)





With regards to synthpop from 1980, I previously shared tracks by OMD, Visage and Japan. Below are a few more synthpop albums from that year that deserve attention




Album: Vienna by Ultravox
Listen to:
Vienna
Astradyne
Private Lives







Album: Travelogue by Human League
Listen to
Being Boiled







Album: Metamatic by John Foxx 
Listen to:
Underpass






Album: From A to B by New Musik
Listen to:
A Map of You
Science
On Islands
Adventures
The Safe Side





Album: B-2 Unit by Ryuichi Sakamoto 
Listen to:
Riot In Lagos






Album: Folk of the 80's by Men Without Hats 
Listen to:
Antarctica








Best songs of 1980 (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4) (part 5) (part 6) (part 7) (part 8) (part 9) (part 10) (part 11) (part 12) (part 13) (part 14) (part 15)



8 comments:

  1. Vienna is classic. Isn't this also around the time New Order formed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @TSorensen: I love Vienna album, great music for driving. John Foxx (also included in this post) was the original lead singer of Ultravox.
      New Order formed in 1980 and put out Movement in 81. I did a top 10 New Order songs if it has any interest: http://moviesandsongs365.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-10-songs-by-new-order.html

      Delete
  2. You pretty much lost me, here. I know I've heard a few songs by The Human League, but damn if I could tell you which ones. Haven't even heard of anyone else here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Wendell: I’m guessing you remember the song Vienna when you listen to it. The Human League are best known for 1981’s “Don’t you Want Me”. I admit the other stuff here is not as well known by the masses. From A to B by New Musik is a highly underrated album, loved it.

      Delete
    2. Yes! Don't You Want Me. As soon as I read the title, the whole damn song jumped into my head.

      Delete
    3. @Wendell: The intro of ”Don’t You Want Me” is iconic. Was used in promotion for Zoolander 2:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9P_o2qmGR4

      Delete
  3. Love this! Oh, I only knew "Safety Dance" from Men Without Hats, but I quite like "Antarctica".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: Thought you might enjoy the synth stuff :) I agree Safety Dance is a fun track

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails