Nostra of Myfilmviews has created another blog-a-thon. The rules are simple. Connect an actor/actress with the movies they’re in or a director who helmed that film with another actor/actress/filmmaker in six steps or less. Steven at Surrender To The Void picked me to connect Ingmar Bergman to Toshiro Mifune. The rules are murky regarding help from internet searches. Is it cheating? I wasn't able to solve the puzzle without IMDb. Hope that's okay!
Participated so far in "our section":
Fisti at A Fistful of Films
Sati at Cinematic Corner
Alex at And So It Begins
Steven at Surrender To The Void
Chris at Movies And Songs 365
Josh at The Cinematic Spectacle
1. Ingmar Bergman directed Max von Sydow in eleven films
2. Max von Sydow was in Three Days of the Condor (1975) with Robert Redford
3. Robert Redford starred in The Sting (1973), which also featured Paul Newman
4. Paul Newman starred in Pocket Money (1972) with Lee Marvin (screenplay by Terrence Malick apparently!)
5. Lee Marvin starred in Hell in the Pacific (1968) with Toshiro Mifune
I won't reveal the alternative routes I could have taken, as that would make the next participant's job too easy :)
I pass the baton to Josh at The Cinematic Spectacle, and ask him to connect Toshiro Mifune with James Stewart. Have fun! I've noted the path down, so it’s do-able. I guess in more ways than one. According to Nostra there is a theory that in only six steps you can link anyone to any other person in the world.