6 Degrees of Separation Blog-a-thon






Nostra of Myfilmviews has created another blog-a-thon. The rules are simple. Connect an actor/actress with the movies they’re in or a director who helmed that film with another actor/actress/filmmaker in six steps or less. Steven at Surrender To The Void picked me to connect Ingmar Bergman to Toshiro Mifune. The rules are murky regarding help from internet searches. Is it cheating? I wasn't able to solve the puzzle without IMDb. Hope that's okay!


Participated so far in "our section":
Fisti at A Fistful of Films
Sati at Cinematic Corner
Alex at And So It Begins
Steven at Surrender To The Void
Chris at Movies And Songs 365
Josh at The Cinematic Spectacle





1. Ingmar Bergman directed Max von Sydow in eleven films

2. Max von Sydow was in Three Days of the Condor (1975) with Robert Redford

3. Robert Redford starred in The Sting (1973), which also featured Paul Newman

4. Paul Newman starred in Pocket Money (1972) with Lee Marvin (screenplay by Terrence Malick apparently!)

5. Lee Marvin starred in Hell in the Pacific (1968) with Toshiro Mifune


I won't reveal the alternative routes I could have taken, as that would make the next participant's job too easy :)
I pass the baton to Josh at The Cinematic Spectacle, and ask him to connect Toshiro Mifune with James Stewart. Have fun! I've noted the path down, so it’s do-able. I guess in more ways than one. According to Nostra there is a theory that in only six steps you can link anyone to any other person in the world.



11 comments:

  1. Nice job Chris! I have no idea who Toshiro Mifune is but now I do :) I love when a blogathon widens your movie knowledge a bit, and thank goodness for IMDb! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth, Toshiro Mifune has been in a few Japanese classics, his most famous roles were probably in Seven Samurai (1954) and Rashomon (1950).

      Delete
  2. Great job in coming up with this . I would have had a hard time even if it was with IMDB. So Terrence Malick wrote a movie with Paul Newman huh. I may have to look out for that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @TheVern: That obscure Terrence Malick script surprised me too, not sure the film is anything great though. IMDb is a useful tool!

      Delete
  3. Damn, you got that one. I would've gone with Ingmar Bergman + Max von Sydow=The Seventh Seal
    Max von Sydow + Steven Spielberg=Minority Report
    Steven Spielberg + Toshiro Mifune=1941.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @thevoid99: I didn't know Toshiro Mifune was in Spielberg's 1941. Fun when the game can be solved in various ways!



      Delete
  4. It's getting harder everytime I see it passed to someone. Great job, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Andina: Thank you! Was fun taking part

      Delete
  5. Thanks again for the baton! I had no idea Lee Marvin worked with Toshiro Mifune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: I've seen Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune in Hell in the Pacific (1968) , a pretty good film, I rated it 7/10

      Delete
  6. That is really attention-grabbing, You're an excessively professional blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for extra of your magnificent
    post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails