Film review: Dandelion (2004)


The thing I liked was the relationship between father and son, complex and interesting. The scenery was another highlight for me, I love beautiful cinematography with blue skies and fields of gold. So in that respect it felt similar to a 1970s movie.

The budget is small, it’s an independent American picture. Probably one of the lesser known indie movies of recent years. I think it’s underrated and deserves a bigger audience, which is why I'm recommending it here. The beginning of the story may be a little bit shocking, but don’t let that scare you away, the rest as far as I remember is not like that at all. It’s about mostly young people living out in the country searching for their identity.

I saw it last year, and will be watching it again. I really believe it’s better than 6.8/10 on IMDB and 67% on RT. It seemed to have more to say in my mind than your average independent movie about growing up. I am very selective with my recommendations, take my word for it ( :



IMDB

Rottentomatoes

YouTube

1 comment:

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails